The Elmhurst College Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic provides high-quality services and care for all clients.
The Clinic provides speech and language evaluations and therapy for individuals of all ages with communication difficulties. Caregiver involvement is encouraged through ongoing consultation with clinical staff, in-session activities and observation from behind one-way mirrors.
Services are primarily provided by Elmhurst College communication and sciences disorders majors and are supervised by the Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic educators. All clinical faculty are certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) and licensed by the State of Illinois.
The Clinic provides speech and language evaluations, as well as therapy, for individuals of all ages with communication deficits associated with the following difficulties:
- Language disorders
- Phonological disorders
- Articulation disorders
- Language-based learning disabilities
- Voice/alaryngeal speech
- Hearing impairments
- Speech-language delay
- Foreign accent/dialectal differences
- Oral facial muscle imbalance/tongue thrusting
- Down, Cornelia de Lange, fetal alcohol and other syndromes
- Support services and community participation opportunities for adults with language and cognitive disorders, in partnership with Chicago Aphasia Network
Located in Circle Hall, the Elmhurst College’s Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic offers evaluation and treatment in bright, airy surroundings.
Here’s some of what you’ll find here:
- Seven therapy rooms
- Caregiver observation rooms
- A well-equipped materials room
- A family-friendly environment
- Dedicated faculty
- Friendly and supportive student clinicians
Clinic Sessions and Fees
- Fall Term: September–December
- Spring Term: February–May
- Summer Term: June–July
New client registration begins approximately one month before the start of each new session, and closes approximately one week before the start of each new session.
- Full Speech-Language Evaluation: $100 to $150 (two- to three-hour appointment; depending on client’s specific needs)
- Consultation: $50
- Audiological Screening: $25
- $52 per hour
- $39 per ¾ hour
- $26 per half-hour
Cash or check payments only are accepted. We do not bill insurance or employer health savings accounts. We can provide a letter for you to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
A 7% discount is available if the bill is paid in full within the first two weeks of the Fall and Spring Terms for student-conducted therapy. There is no discount given during Summer Term (Fall and Spring Terms are 12 weeks; Summer Term is typically five to six weeks).
All student-conducted therapy is supervised by clinical faculty certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (CCC-SLP) and licensed by the State of Illinois. Financial assistance is often available, thanks to support from Elmhurst service clubs such as Lions, Rotary and Kiwanis.
Fees are subject to change.
The Elmhurst College Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic is located in Circle Hall, on the campus of Elmhurst College, 190 Prospect Ave., Elmhurst, Illinois 60126.
To begin the application process for Clinic services, please call (630) 617-3555.
For information, please call (630) 617-3555 or fax (630) 617-6461. Please do not submit personal information via fax. You can also e-mail email@example.com.