Major in Physical Education
A major in the field of physical education provides a broad foundation for a teaching career in the public schools.
As a physical education major, you will have contact with students early in the curriculum—long before the official student-teaching sequence begins. As part of your studies, you might organize a team-building activity at an elementary school or participate in Everybody Can Day, a service-learning event that shows schoolchildren the challenges faced by those who are physically challenged, or International Games Day.
- KIN 202 Individual and Dual Sports
- KIN 203 Team Sports
- KIN 204 Emergency Procedures (.50 credit)
- KIN 235 Curriculum Design for Physical Education and Health Education
- KIN 312 Physical Education for Children with Exceptionalities
- KIN 360 Contemporary Concepts in Health
- KIN 370 Instructional Techniques in Elementary School Physical Education Pedagogy (prerequisite: KIN 235)
- KIN 410 Kinesiology
- KIN 445 Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education