Reach for the Stars
In the Honors Program, you’ll be challenged intellectually. You’ll develop your capacity for critical thinking, hone your communications skills and expand your horizons.
In keeping with the College’s mission, the program provides liberal learning that imparts broad knowledge and preparation for a career in an increasingly complex world. You’ll learn about yourself, your strengths and your ambitions. The program offers:
- Small, stimulating seminar courses where discussions are lively and engaging
- Opportunities to conduct and present pre-professional-level research
- Personal advising to help you refine your goals and chart an academic course
- Opportunities for community service and study away with additional enrichment, including the first-year Honors student Spring Term at Liverpool Hope University.
- The Honors Living Learning Community, a dedicated living space for Honors Program students (coming fall 2019)
- Private receptions with distinguished guest speakers
- Social activities with fellow Honors students, including retreats and trips to cultural events such as theatre and music performances
As an Honors Program student, you’ll develop strong intellectual bonds with faculty mentors and discover ways to integrate liberal learning with professional activities. You’ll reap benefits that extend beyond the classroom, into a life filled with promise.
Research on the Road
Olivia Morrison ’22 captured the Honors Program’s trip to the 2019 National Collegiate Honors Council Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Kevin Prehn ’19 captured the Honors Program’s trip to the 2019 National Conference on Undergraduate Research, hosted by Kennesaw State University in Georgia.
Mike White ’18 captured the Honors Program’s trip to the 2018 National Conference on Undergraduate Research at the University of Central Oklahoma.