Information for Students
Applying to a university should never feel daunting or overwhelming. Elmhurst University helps you navigate the process by providing support and helping underrepresented students of color prepare for their journey.
We offer our United Scholars Scholarship opportunity to a number of students from select CBO partnerships and Chicago high schools. We will meet 100% of the recipients’ demonstrated financial need for tuition.
This means that the recipient would be responsible for covering:
- Room and Board
- Estimated Family Contribution (EFC), as determined by the FAFSA filing
Lighting the Way to Your Future
A safe, secure place to learn and thrive is critical to academic success. The United Scholars Living and Learning Community serves that purpose.
Students who qualify for our United Scholars Scholarship award also have the opportunity to earn a spot in our United Scholars Community! This would include:
- An additional grant to help cover room cost.
- Junior/senior-level dorm placement with a dedicated Resident Advisor.
- Specialized programming and support designed specifically for this cohort.
Becoming eligible is simple! All award recipients will have one of the following associations in addition to a satisfactory academic record.
Participation in one of the following community-based organizations:
- Chicago Scholars
- Phoenix Pact
Student enrolled at one of the following high schools:
- Benito Juarez
- Phoenix Military
- Sarah Goode
- North Lawndale College Prep
United Scholars Community Requirements
As previously mentioned, all students who qualify for this award are also eligible for consideration in our United Scholars LLC. Additional requirements:
- Must be a Residential Student.
- Must participate in at least four Elmhurst University Admission events throughout the recruitment year.
- Of those four events, one must consist of an interview and one must include a campus visit.