Advising & Registration
Academic advising support is provided to all students during registration. Your faculty advisor will help develop an academic plan that prepares you to achieve your educational goals.
During advising and registration, you will learn about the Elmhurst University Integrated Curriculum, how to schedule courses, and requirements for your degree program. Follow these steps to get started:
- Sign up for an advising date by logging in to myElmhurst Portal. Advising dates open in late March/early April for the Fall Term and in early November for the Spring Term. Make sure to RSVP early for the best selection of advising session dates.
- Complete any needed placement/proficiency exams. Access them via the Portal by clicking on “Placement Tests.”
- Prepare for your advising session. You don’t want to miss out on anything, right? Make sure you submit all official high school and college transcripts, as well as any AP/IB/CLEP test scores. You can even bring official copies that day if you’d like.
- Make sure you explore campus a bit on your advising date. Get your Jaypass, meet some classmates, visit the Office of Student Financial Services and get your questions answered.
- Remember that, even after you register for classes, we are always here to help and support you. You will be assigned a permanent faculty advisor to assist you every step of the way. Whether you change your major, get interested in another field or can’t decide on a major yet, we’ve got you!
- Enjoy your journey at Elmhurst, from your very first advising session to your last.
- After you’ve paid your tuition deposit, log in to myElmhurst Portal (eNumber and password required).
- Once you’re logged in, choose the “Advising RSVP” app and follow the prompts to RSVP.
When you come to your advising session, your faculty advisor will help you select your courses before you go online to register for courses using Self-Service on the Portal.
By the end of the advising day, you will have a printout of your schedule and your Jaypass!
If your preferred classes are full, your faculty advisor will help you select alternative courses that work with your interests and schedule.
Students alter their schedules all the time, so be sure to check Self-Service on a regular basis to see if a spot opens up in a class you would like to get into.
An academic advisor will contact you via your Elmhurst University email address if a class needs to be changed due to placement testing or the receipt of AP/IB/CLEP scores.
The answer is: maybe.
First-year students will meet first-year advisors during New Student Orientation in August. Transfer students will be assigned a permanent faculty advisor at the beginning of the term.
You may be able to make changes if other courses are available. Please contact the Office of Advising at (630) 617-3450 or email@example.com.
Once you are committed to attending Elmhurst University, there are many campus offices that share important information with you by emailing your Elmhurst address. Be sure to check it often. Consider adding the email account on your phone to make it easy.
Your independence starts here. While parents and guests may be on campus with you on those days, only you will meet with the faculty for advising and registration.