Advising & Registration
All new students at Elmhurst College must attend an on-campus summer advising session, where you’ll meet with an advisor and register for classes. Learn more about our placement tests.
The summer advising and registration days begin in mid-June and continue throughout the summer. You may RSVP for an advising date beginning April 1 after your $100 non-refundable tuition deposit has been submitted.
Learn how to RSVP in the FAQs below. Sessions fill up quickly, so we suggest that you sign up as soon as possible after April 1.
At your advising session, you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and get to know some of your classmates. You’ll also pick up your Jaypass student ID.
- After you’ve paid your tuition deposit, log in to the My Elmhurst Campus Portal (eNumber and password required).
- Once you’re logged in, under My Apps choose the BlueNet RSVP for Advising and follow the prompts to RSVP.
When you come to campus for your summer advising session, your faculty advisor will help you select your courses. Then, with the help of a registration assistant, you’ll go online to BlueNet to register for the classes you’ve chosen. By the end of the day, you’ll have a print-out of your class schedule and your JayPass (student ID).
If your classes are full, your faculty advisor will help you select alternative courses that work with your interests and schedule. Also, it helps if you bring some flexibility to the table!
If your course schedule needs to be changed after your advising session because of the results of placement tests or AP scores, an academic advisor will contact you at your Elmhurst email address. You won’t need to come back to campus to take care of this.
- If you’re a first-year student, you’ll meet your first-year advisor during orientation at the end of August.
- If you’re a transfer student, you’ll be assigned a faculty advisor at the beginning of Fall Term.
You may be able to make changes in your schedule, if the courses you want to add are still available.
- First-year students may discuss schedule changes during orientation when you meet with your first-year advisor.
- If you’re a transfer student, contact the Office of Advising at (630) 617-3450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use your Elmhurst email address when emailing about course changes.