Elmhurst College’s Sixth Annual Evening for Scholarships, the College’s premier fundraising event devoted to scholarships, will be held on Saturday, March 14, and will offer a number of fun and meaningful ways to support Elmhurst students.
The night’s festivities will include cocktails, dinner, music and a live auction with the chance to bid on trips, catered parties, and tickets to the hottest sporting events in Chicago.
An Evening for Scholarships at Elmhurst College was initiated in 2010 to raise funds for student scholarships. Each year, the event continues to grow and raise funds to support Elmhurst College students. Since its inception, the event has raised more than $1.2 million for Elmhurst students.
The event also is an opportunity to celebrate student achievement and the power of an Elmhurst education. During this year’s Evening for Scholarships, Elmhurst College senior Meredithe Mimlitz and her father, the Rev. Matthew Mimlitz (Class of ’84), will talk about their experience as students, how the College has shaped them, and how scholarship money helped to support them.
Scholarships are a significant source of support for Elmhurst students—99 percent of all students enrolled at Elmhurst in the 2013-2014 academic year received some form of financial aid. Last year’s event raised more than $320,000, 92 percent of which went directly to supporting scholarships.
The auction and Fund a Scholarship opportunities will be led by auctioneer Keith Jones of Sayre & Jones Auctioneers. Auction items include:
- An escape for two to Costa Rica for a five-night stay in a four-star resort.
- An all-inclusive package to see The Ohio State University national champions play the Northern Illinois University Huskies on September 19, 2015. The package includes premier seating in a luxury suite on the 50-yard line, round-trip airfare and lodging for two.
- A private party in your home featuring entertainment provided by the Elmhurst College Jazz Band. Barbeque Jim’s Catering will provide a customized menu for the evening.
- A June Jazz package that includes a catered party on campus on the night of the Elmhurst College June Jazz event. The party, for up to 20 people, includes wine and beer, VIP seating and reserved parking. This year’s headline performer will be The Manhattan Transfer.
- Tickets to see the Chicago Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks, Sox, Cubs and Fire.
BMO Harris Bank and Wirtz Beverage of Illinois are the leading sponsors of An Evening for Scholarships.
The Sixth Annual Evening for Scholarships will be held on Saturday, March 14, in the Frick Center. The event begins with a 6:00 p.m. cocktail reception, with musical entertainment provided by an Elmhurst College string quartet. Dinner begins at 7:00 p.m. A dessert reception follows, with music provided by the Elmhurst College Jazz Combo.
To purchase tickets, RSVP online or call the Office of Development and Alumni Relations at (630) 617-3607.