When you’re not feeling well, Student Health Services can help.
Elmhurst University is committed to making your experience a healthy one. Health Services is staffed by a nurse director, nurse practitioners and a licensed physician—all skilled clinicians who are experienced at working with college students.
All services are confidential, and many are free. They are detailed below.
Basic Health Services
- Primary care
- Sick visits
- Treatment of minor injuries
- Lab work (including free STD testing)
- Nutritional guidance
- Health information about studying abroad
- Medications including antibiotics, oral contraceptives and prescriptions
- Routine exams, including breast and pelvic exams
- Pap smears
- STD testing
- Contraceptive counseling
- Pregnancy testing
- Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis)
- MMR (measles, mumps and rubella)
- Hepatitis B
- Varicella (chicken pox)
- Influenza (flu vaccine)
- Tuberculosis tests: PPD (skin test) or Quantiferon Gold (lab test)
We also offer free a variety of first-aid supplies, antacids, Ibuprofen, decongestants and condoms.
The Serenity Room
Feeling stressed? Visit the Serenity Room, a restorative space where you can relax and renew. We also have a Lite Box to chase away the winter blues.