A Welcoming Community
Living on campus is a great way to connect to all that Elmhurst has to offer.
All incoming student housing application materials will be sent by the Office of Residence Life upon admission to the College. Returning students receive housing registration information through their Elmhurst email.
- First-year students may live in residence halls but not in campus apartments or houses.
- Transfer students with more than a year of college experience may live in a campus apartment or house.
- Transfer students with one year or less of college experience may apply for residence hall living if space allows.
- All residential facilities are smoke-free.
- All residence hall students are required to purchase a dining plan.
- Every reasonable consideration will be given to students’ community living preferences.
- However, the license is for residence in College housing and not for a particular accommodation, room, room type or roommate.
- First-year residential students are not permitted to have cars on campus.
- To inquire about all-gender housing options, please contact email@example.com.
- If the demand for housing space exceeds room assignment capacity, the College reserves the right to put students in temporary housing pending assignment to a permanent living space.
- Information provided in your housing application serves as a guide for assignment, but does not guarantee specific preference.
- The College does not make room assignments based on race, color, creed, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin or ethnic origin.