A Welcoming Community
Living on campus is a great way to connect to all that Elmhurst has to offer.
All housing application materials for incoming students will be available to students via the MyHousing app upon admission to the University. Returning students receive housing registration information through their Elmhurst email in the spring semester.
- First-year students are assigned to live in residence halls with another first-year student.
- Transfer and current students with more than a year of college experience have the option of living in the halls, campus apartments or campus houses.
- Graduate students have the option of living in the halls, campus apartments or campus houses.
- Information provided in your housing application serves as a guide for assignment but does not guarantee specific preference.
- Every reasonable consideration will be given to student’s living preferences. However, the Housing Agreement is for residence in University housing and not for a particular accommodation, room, room type or roommate.
- The University does not make room assignments based on race, color, creed, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin or ethnic origin.
- Students who may need an accommodation applicable to their housing must send official documentation from a medical provider and have the provider submit this form to Dr. Linda Harrell, Access and Disability Services Coordinator, by March 1 (current students) or May 1 (new students). Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- To inquire about all-gender housing options, please contact email@example.com.
- Once students have submitted their housing applications and $150 prepayment, they will be able to send/accept roommate requests using the “Roommate Selection” tab in My Housing via the myElmhurst Portal. Students will only be able to send requests to/receive requests from those students who have also submitted their housing applications and prepayment. Roommate requests should be made by March 6 (current students) or July 1 (new students).
- If the demand for housing exceeds room capacity, the University reserves the right to put students in temporary housing pending assignment to a permanent living space.
- All residence hall students are required to purchase a dining plan.
- The residential facilities are all smoke-free.
- First-year residential students are not permitted to have cars on campus.
Fall Term Student Applicants
- Students may log on to My Housing on the myElmhurst Portal after activating their Elmhurst technology account.
- In My Housing, students can find the “Fall Term Housing Application” under the “Applications” tab on the top of the page.
- The $150 nonrefundable housing prepayment can be paid on TouchNet, also through the Portal.
- Housing assignment information for students new to housing for Fall Term will be communicated by University email in mid-July.
- If a medical accommodation is needed for housing, please reached out to Access and Disability Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit the required documentation. Information should be sent to that office by May 1 for consideration.
- A request to cancel your 2024-2025 Fall Term room assignment must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, August 23, 2024. Submit the request in writing to email@example.com. For cancellation requests after Friday, August 23, you need to formally request a release from the housing agreement. The prepayment is non-refundable.
- Move-In for Fall Term will occur on Wednesday, August 21, 2024, from 9:00–11:00 a.m. for all first-year students and Saturday, August 24, 2024, from 9:00–11:00 a.m. for all transfer and graduate students.