A Welcoming Community
Living on campus is a great way to connect to all that Elmhurst has to offer.
All housing application materials for incoming students will be sent by the Office of Housing and Residence Life upon admission to the College. Returning students receive housing registration information through their Elmhurst email in the spring semester.
- First-year students are assigned to live in residence halls.
- Transfer students with more than a year of college experience have the option of living in the halls, campus apartments or campus houses.
- All residential facilities are smoke-free.
- All residence hall students are required to purchase a dining plan.
- Students who may need an accommodation applicable to their housing must send official documentation from a medical provider and have the provider submit this form to Linda Harrell, Access and Disability Services Coordinator, by March 11 (current students) or May 15 (new students). Email email@example.com for more information.
- Once students have submitted their housing applications they will be able to send/accept roommate requests using the “Roommate Selection” tab in My Housing via the My Elmhurst Campus Portal. Students will only be able to send requests to/receive requests from those students who have also submitted their housing applications. Roommate requests should be made by July 1.
- Every reasonable consideration will be given to student’s living preferences. However, the Housing Agreement is for residence in College housing and not for a particular accommodation, room, room type or roommate.
- First-year residential students are not permitted to have cars on campus.
- To inquire about all-gender housing options, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the demand for housing exceeds room capacity, the College reserves the right to put students in temporary housing pending assignment to a permanent living space.
- Information provided in your housing application serves as a guide for assignment but does not guarantee specific preference.
- The College does not make room assignments based on race, color, creed, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin or ethnic origin.
New Spring Student Applicants
- Students may log on to My Housing on the My Elmhurst Campus Portal after activating their Elmhurst technology account.
- In My Housing, students can find the “Spring Term Housing Application” under the “Applications” tab on the top of the page.
- The $150 nonrefundable housing prepayment can be paid on TouchNet, also through the Portal.
- Once a student has completed both their application and made their prepayment, our office will make their housing assignment.
- Housing assignment information for students new to housing for Spring Term will be communicated by College email in mid-January.
- If a possible medical accommodation is needed for housing, please reached out to Access and Disability Services at email@example.com to submit the required documentation. Information should be sent to that office by January 20 for consideration.
- Requests to cancel your spring room assignment must be received by 4:00 p.m. on January 24, 2020. All requests must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. The prepayment is not refundable.
- Move-In for Spring Term will occur on Sunday, February 2, at noon.