Applying for Housing

A Welcoming Community

Living on campus is a great way to connect to all that Elmhurst has to offer.

All housing application materials for incoming students will be sent by the Office of Housing and Residence Life upon admission to the College. Returning students receive housing registration information through their Elmhurst email in the spring semester.

Housing Eligibility

  • First-year students are assigned to live in residence halls.
  • Transfer students with more than a year of college experience have the option of living in the halls, campus apartments or campus houses.

Housing Details

  • All residential facilities are smoke-free.
  • All residence hall students are required to purchase a dining plan.
  • Every reasonable consideration will be given to student’s living preferences. However, the Housing Agreement is for residence in College housing and not for a particular accommodation, room, room type or roommate.
  • First-year residential students are not permitted to have cars on campus.
  • To inquire about all-gender housing options, please contact
  • If the demand for housing exceeds room capacity, the College reserves the right to put students in temporary housing pending assignment to a permanent living space.
  • Information provided in your housing application serves as a guide for assignment, but does not guarantee specific preference.
  • The College does not make room assignments based on race, color, creed, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin or ethnic origin.

Office of Residence Life

West Hall, South Entrance

Connect with #ElmhurstCollege