Welcome to Your New Home!
We are dedicated to making your move-in day a smooth and easy experience. Whether you are moving to a residence hall, campus apartment or house, we are here to help.
To keep each other safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are offering early move-in options and have introduced new procedures to maintain social distancing. Please read all of the information below.
Fall Move-In Information
New First-Year and Transfer Students
- Thursday, August 27, 2020, 8:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 28, 2020, 8:00 a.m.–noon
- Saturday, August 29, 2020, 8:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
- Sunday, August 30, 2020, 8:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
Students will sign up for one-hour time blocks using My Housing through the myElmhurst Portal to ensure social distancing during move-in. Additional move-in procedures are listed below.
Planning for Your Arrival to Campus
- This year we recommend that all residential students quarantine at home for 14 days prior to arriving on campus.
- Please refer to the move-in email sent to your Elmhurst University email for maps and loading and unloading instructions.
- Use My Housing to sign up for a one-hour time block to move in your belongings.
- Arrive at your assigned hall for check-in and call the RA on Duty (number will be posted on the door) for welcome and key pickup.
- Limit move-in helpers to two per student. Helpers should depart within the assigned hour time block.
- Everyone must wear facemasks while moving in.
- What should you bring to campus and what should you leave at home? View the list. We encourage you to be conscientious of the number of items you bring with you this school year in the event we are ordered to vacate the campus.
- Room dimension information can be found under “Links” in My Housing on the myElmhurst Portal.
COVID-19 Considerations for Fall 2020
In order to open the residence halls this coming school year, the following practices will be put in place as students arrive on campus:
- Any time a student exits their residence hall room or apartment, they are required to have a mask on.
- Lobbies, lounges, study rooms, and kitchenettes will have posted signs about space occupancy limits in order to maintain social distancing.
- All drinking fountain spouts will be disabled, but bottle filler stations will remain available.
- Community bathrooms will be cleaned twice a day using a hospital-grade aerator, and disinfectant will be available for student use.
- Community bathrooms will have posted occupancy limits in order to maintain social distancing.
Fall 2020 Early Arrival Information
Students participating in one of the below groups may move in early on the date listed below for their early arrival group. Students in these groups do not need to submit an early arrival request (your name will be provided to us by your coach or the staff member working with the group).
If you are in one of these below groups and want to arrive on a date other than what is listed for your group, you will need to submit the Early Arrival Request Form, which is available under “Applications” on My Housing.
August 20: OSLs/Transfer Leads
August 25: EC Connection (mentors and coordinators)
- Football, Soccer, Volleyball, Golf, and Cross Country
- Coaches will be communicating directly about move-in dates
- International Students
Any student not in a pre-approved group, as indicated above, who wishes to request early arrival housing may submit the Early Arrival Request Form, available under “Applications” on My Housing. Early arrival requests must be received prior to August 13. The application will be open until 4:00 p.m. on August 13, 2020. All applications for early arrival housing will be reviewed and students will receive a response to their Elmhurst College email address upon review.
Early Arrival Requests for Self-Quarantine
Any student who is not already part of an early arrival group who would prefer to quarantine on campus for 14 days can move in on August 13 (new first-year/transfer students) or August 16 (returning students). A plan for meals during this period will be communicated at a later date.