As each academic term draws to a close, you will need to start thinking about your plans for the end of the semester.
Students will be receiving closing emails directly from our office with general closing information. Following the instructions provided by the Office of Housing and Residence Life will help ensure that your move-out goes smoothly.
At the end of the term, you will need to depart within 24 hours of your last final exam or by Friday, May 20, at 10:00 a.m.—whichever comes first.
Students graduating and graduation volunteers will need to depart by Sunday, May 22, at 10:00 a.m.
Additional Instructions for Students Moving Out
- Pack/remove belongings and clean room/suite/apartment
- Return furniture to its original configuration:
- Beds bunked
- Shelves on dresser
- Hutch on desk
- Obtain an express checkout envelope from your RA, Head Resident, our main office or from the Department of Public Safety
- Fill out the envelope
- Place room key, stairwell key (residence hall students), building key (apartment students) and access card (residence hall students) in envelope and seal
- Return the envelope to Public Safety on the lower level of Lehmann Hall
Closing Floor Meetings
Your RA will be hosting a Closing Meeting (the date for your meeting will be posted by your RA). During this meeting, your RA will share important information and answer any questions you might have. Attendance is required.