As the Spring Term draws to a close, you will need to start thinking about your checkout process at the end of the semester. Following the instructions provided by the Office of Housing and Residence Life will help ensure that your checkout goes smoothly.
At the end of the term, you will need to move out of your housing assignment within 24 hours of your last final exam or by Saturday, May 25, at noon—whichever comes first.
Graduating seniors and students participating in Commencement must check out by Saturday, June 1, at 1 p.m.
- Graduating seniors must request Senior Week Housing by May 15 (see below).
- Pack/remove belongings and clean room/suite/apartment
- Return furniture to its original configuration:
- Beds bunked
- Shelves on dresser
- Hutch on desk
- Obtain an express checkout envelope from your RA, Head Resident or our main office
- Fill out the envelope
- Place room key, stairwell key (residence hall students), building key (apartment students) and access card (residence hall students) in envelope and seal
- Return the envelope to the mail slot near your Head Resident’s office or the main Housing and Residence Life office at West Hall
After you have left, Facilities Management and Housing and Residence Life representatives will inspect your room for any damages.
Closing Floor Meetings
Your RA will be hosting a Closing Meeting in May (the date for your meeting will be posted by your RA). During this meeting, your RA will share important information and answer any questions you might have. Attendance is required.
Non-Graduating Students Move-Out
Saturday, May 25, by noon (or 24 hours after your last final, whichever comes first)
- Move-out for non-graduating undergraduate, graduate, and ELSA students.
Senior Week Housing Move-Out
Saturday, June 1, by 1 p.m.
- Move-out for graduating students, commencement band members and volunteers who signed up for senior week housing (signup must be completed by May 15 on the Portal).
Spring to Summer Housing Transition
May 28–June 2
- Spring residents approved for summer housing will transition to their summer room as instructed by Housing and Residence Life. (Specific date/time may vary by student based on maintenance schedules.)
Senior Week Housing
Senior week housing is available to any of the below groups who have a need to be housed after facilities close between May 25-June 1. Those eligible for senior week housing include:
- Graduating Seniors
- Commencement Band Members
- Commencement Volunteers
- Conference Housing Staff
There is no charge for senior week housing, and in most cases, students will stay in their current assignments. Students here for senior week housing must complete checkout by 1 p.m. on Saturday, June 1.
- Sign up for senior week housing by May 15 using the link that was previously emailed to students.
Summer housing is available for students enrolled in a summer course, academic program, internship or working an on-campus job over the summer.
It is broken down into the below sessions:
- Full Summer Session: June 10–Aug. 3
- Summer Session I: June 10–July 6
- Summer Session II: July 8–Aug. 3
Students who apply will be able to preference residence hall (Stanger) or apartment living (Prospect). View summer housing cost information.
There is not a summer dining plan and food service on campus may be limited.
- Sign up for summer housing by May 15. Go to My Housing on the My Elmhurst Campus Portal.
If you have any questions regarding move-out, senior week housing or summer housing, please reach out to our office by email, call (630) 617-3150 or visit us in person in West Hall.