As the Fall Term draws to a close, you will need to start thinking about your plans for the end of the semester. Following the instructions provided by the Office of Housing and Residence Life will help ensure that your departure for break goes smoothly.
At the end of the term, you will need to depart for winter break within 24 hours of your last final exam or by Friday, December 17 at 10:00 a.m.—whichever comes first.
Additional Instructions for Students Not Returning for Spring Term
- Pack/remove belongings and clean room/suite/apartment
- Return furniture to its original configuration:
- Beds bunked
- Shelves on dresser
- Hutch on desk
- Obtain an express checkout envelope from your RA, Head Resident or our main office
- Fill out the envelope
- Place room key, stairwell key (residence hall students), building key (apartment students) and access card (residence hall students) in envelope and seal
- Return the envelope to the mail slot near your Head Resident’s office or to Public Safety in the lower level of Lehmann Hall
Closing Floor Meetings
Your RA will be hosting a Closing Meeting (the date for your meeting will be posted by your RA). During this meeting, your RA will share important information and answer any questions you might have. Attendance is required.
Winter Break Housing
Winter break housing is available for students with a need for housing from December 10, 2021–January 2, 2022, when J-Term begins. Winter break housing costs $25/night or a flat rate of $200 after four nights. Food service on campus will be closed.
Sign up for winter break housing on My Housing by December 3, 2021.
If you have any questions regarding winter break closing or winter break housing, please reach out to our office by email, call (630) 617-3150 or visit us in person in West Hall.