Community Music Program
The Community Music Program has more than 35 instructors, providing private instruction in voice and 17 instruments, for varying ages and skill ranges.
- The recommended age for beginning private lessons is 8 years old
- Students enrolled in individual instruction must have their own instrument or have regular access to an instrument for practice
- Traditional acoustic piano is preferred for piano students at all levels
- Private lessons are now taught in four sessions: fall (12 weeks), winter (8 weeks), spring (12 weeks) and summer (8-10 weeks)
- All lessons are for a half-hour unless otherwise specified by your instructor
- Payment is due at the time of registration
Opportunities to perform in recitals are available. School recitals are held each term and are grouped according to instrument. Students will perform in Buik Recital Hall at a date and time selected by each instructor. Instructors will provide additional information to their students specific to the recital planned for their instrument.
- For more information or to register, complete the Community Music Program registration form
- Visit the Musicianship for Children and Piano Academy website