Summer Music Camps
From jazz combos to chamber music to acoustic guitar, Elmhurst College will offer a variety of summer 2018 music camps taught by the College’s outstanding music faculty.
Jazz Combo Camp
This camp is perfect for middle school or high school students looking to expand their knowledge of jazz performance. All instruments are welcome!
- Tuesday, June 19 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 20 and Thursday, June 21 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Cost: $375
- For more information, visit the Jazz Combo Camp’s website
Acoustic Guitar Boot Camp
Seventh to 12th grade students who are looking to further develop their guitar skills and performance abilities should join us for this camp.
- Monday, July 9 through Wednesday, July 11 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Cost: $199
- For more information, email Kate Reeter or call (630) 617-3330
Vocal Voyage Camp
High school students can explore singing through classical, jazz, musical theater, and pop genres; and they can learn vocal technique and how to apply it to different styles.
- Monday, July 16 through Thursday, July 19
- Monday from Noon to 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday through Thursday from 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Recital on Thursday at 6:00 p.m.
- Cost: $420
- Private lessons and master classes available
- For more information, visit the Vocal Voyage Camp’s website
Join us for this one-week comprehensive course of study for the dedicated flutist. Participants will perform and study solo repertoire, orchestral excerpts, technique, and professional strategies for success. High school students may also choose to participate in ILMEA audition preparation workshops. Flutists age 14 and older are encouraged to apply.
- Monday, July 23 through Saturday, July 28 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Cost: $610 (commuter) or $1090 (residential)
- For more information, visit Credo’s website
Master Class Faculty
- Jennie Brown, director, Credo Flute, Faculty, Elmhurst College and Conservatory of Music, Wheaton College
- Luke Fitzpatrick, principal, Fort Wayne Philharmonic, Des Moines Metro Opera Orchestra, Sarasota Opera Orchestra
- Robert Hasty, director of orchestras and faculty, Bienen School of Music, Northwestern University
- Walfrid Kujala, professor emeritus, Bienen School of Music, Northwestern University, Piccolo, Emeritus Member, Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Alexa Still, faculty, Oberlin Conservatory of Music, Oberlin College
- Mimi Tachouet, principal, Chicago Lyric Opera Orchestra, Faculty, Chicago College of the Performing Arts, Roosevelt University
- Gary Woodward, principal, LA Opera Orchestra, Faculty, Biola University