Minors in Mathematics
Minor in Elementary School Mathematics Education
The minor in elementary school mathematics education requires a minimum of 4.5 course credits in mathematics.
- MTH 132 Elementary Functions or 151 Calculus I or 152 Calculus II
- MTH 325 Mathematical Concepts for Elementary Teachers I
- MTH 326 Mathematical Concepts for Elementary Teachers II or MTH 331 Foundations in Geometry
- MTH 345 Elementary Statistics or 346 Statistics for Scientists
- Additional mathematics courses to meet the requirement of 4.5 course credits in mathematics
The minor is only available to early childhood, elementary or special education program students. This minor does not lead to a state endorsement in mathematics education.
Interested students should identify themselves to both the Department of Education and the Department of Mathematics and confer periodically with advisors in both departments. All courses must be completed with a C (2.0) or higher.
Minor in Mathematics
- MTH 251 Calculus III and two other major-level mathematics courses are required for a minor in mathematics.
- MTH 325/326 and MTH 345 may not be used as part of the minor.
- The mathematics department chair must approve the selection of courses.