A Proud Profession
Nursing is one of the most rewarding professional careers.
At Elmhurst University, you will find the real-world experience and personal mentoring you need to launch a professional career in this dynamic field.
The Department of Nursing and Health Sciences offers four programs of study—two at the undergraduate level and two graduate programs. Whichever you choose, you will:
- Work closely with faculty who are highly qualified professional nurses
- Get hands-on practical experience at our state-of-the-art Simulation Center
- Enjoy abundant opportunities to participate in the real-life work of nursing and health care
- Prepare to reach your full potential as a nurse and as an individual in a vibrant career
Our Mission and Goals
The Department of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares nurses for professional practice and leadership to meet the needs of a diverse society.
The Department of Nursing and Health Sciences continues to evolve as an innovative program of academic and professional excellence in nursing.
- Prepare graduates for professional nursing practice in generalist and advanced nursing roles
- Develop a foundation for graduate and doctoral study in nursing
The Department of Nursing and Health Sciences educates students in baccalaureate and master’s degree programs for ethical practice and leadership in professional nursing. To accomplish this, the faculty and students are dedicated to creating an educational environment that focuses on:
- Integrating liberal and professional education;
- Using collaborative and active learning strategies among faculty and students;
- Demonstrating ethical professional nursing practice with diverse populations;
- Providing leadership in healthcare systems that promote safe, quality, and cost-effective patient and family-centered care;
- Engaging in values-driven nursing practice that encompasses altruism, autonomy, human dignity, integrity, social justice; and
- Developing increasingly complex nursing practice competencies.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and the master’s degree program in nursing at Elmhurst University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
U.S. Department of Education Compliance
The DNHS is compliant with Federal Regulation 43 CFR 668.43. A list of applicable states can be found here and in our student handbooks.