Leading the Way in Health Care
You’ve been on the front lines of health care, so you know what the profession demands.
Health care needs highly educated practitioners skilled in compassionate care and management. If you’re ready to increase the challenges, responsibilities and rewards that come with an MSN degree, Elmhurst’s program will enable you to reach higher in your nursing practice.
Three Ways to Be an Expert
Choose your area of expertise. Our program offers concentrations in three areas:
- Nurse Administrator
- Nurse Educator
- Clinical Nurse Leader
But you gain more than credentials at Elmhurst. In our small classes with close personal attention from faculty, you’ll gain the confidence to take on informed, reflective practice in advanced nursing roles.
You’ll also gain a large network of teachers and fellow graduates who will support you throughout your career and connect you with employers all over the Chicagoland area.
More Growth, More Opportunity
Your Elmhurst MSN will open doors and possibilities. Go where your passion leads you and discover your competitive advantage:
- Director of nursing
- Manager of programs
- Health care administrator
- Quality and patient safety director
- Staff development director
- Nurse informaticist
- Healthcare navigator
- Academic educator
- Part-time, cohort model
- Intensive seven-week blocks
- Two clinical courses in your second year
- Fall start only
- Completed in two years
The Right People on Your Side
Elmhurst faculty aren’t just experts in their fields—they’re dedicated to expanding your reach and making connections with real-world experiences.
Studies show that having better-prepared nurses means better patient outcomes. We take time to mentor and support our nurses through real-world challenges, so ultimately they can be more impactful as leaders or educators.Becky Hulett, DNP, R.N., CNL, Program Director
Energize Your Resume, Optimize Your Career
- DNP: Accelerated priority admission for MSN graduates to our DNP Program.
- RN to MSN Option: Elmhurst also offers a path to the MSN for registered nurses with a bachelor’s degree outside of nursing. This option includes an additional bridge course and other prerequisites.
- MBA Dual Degree Option: Graduates of Elmhurst’s MSN program can apply for the MBA Dual Degree Option, a one-year program that leads to the master of business administration with a specialization in Nursing.
Students with a bachelor’s degree who are seeking to become a registered nurse with a master’s degree should review the Master’s Entry in Nursing Practice program.
Academic Standing and Progression Policies
Students in this program are accountable for all standards and policies stated in our Student Handbooks.
The master’s degree program in nursing at Elmhurst University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, (202) 887-6791.