Leading the Way in Health Care
You’ve been on the front lines of health care, so you know what the profession demands.
Health care needs highly educated practitioners skilled in compassionate care and management. If you’re ready to increase the challenges, responsibilities and rewards that come with an MSN degree, Elmhurst’s program will enable you to reach higher in your nursing practice.
Three Ways to Be an Expert
Choose your area of expertise. Our program offers concentrations in three areas:
- Nurse Administrator
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Nurse Educator
But you gain more than credentials at Elmhurst. In our small classes with close personal attention from faculty, you’ll gain the confidence to take on informed, reflective practice in advanced nursing roles.
You’ll also gain a large network of teachers and fellow graduates who will support you throughout your career and connect you with employers all over the Chicagoland area.
More Growth, More Opportunity
Your Elmhurst MSN will open doors and possibilities. Go where your passion leads you and discover your competitive advantage:
- Director of nursing
- Manager of programs
- Health care administrator
- Quality and patient safety director
- Staff development director
- Nurse informaticist
- Healthcare navigator
- Academic educator
- Part-time, cohort model
- Intensive seven-week blocks
- Two clinical courses in your second year
- Fall start only
- Completed in two years (can choose longer option)
The Right People on Your Side
Elmhurst faculty aren’t just experts in their fields—they’re dedicated to expanding your reach and making connections with real-world experiences.
Studies show that better prepared nurses means better patient outcomes. We take time to mentor and support our nurses through real-world challenges, so ultimately they can be more impactful as leaders or educators.Becky Hulett, DNP, RN, CNL, Program Director
Energize Your Resume, Optimize Your Career
- RN to MSN Option. Elmhurst also offers a path to the MSN for registered nurses with a bachelor’s degree outside of nursing. This option includes an additional bridge course and other prerequisites.
- MBA Option. Graduates of Elmhurst’s MSN program can apply for the MBA Option, a one-year program that leads to the master of business administration with a specialization in Nursing.
Students with a bachelor’s degree seeking to become a registered nurse with a master’s degree should review the Master’s Entry in Nursing Practice program.
- Synthesize liberal education and nursing knowledge within a systems framework for advanced nursing roles.
- Utilize critical thinking and decision-making skills for optimal individual and population outcomes in advanced nursing roles.
- Demonstrate professional values and standards in ethical practice with individuals and populations and to advance the profession.
- Implement evidence-based practice in advanced nursing roles with diverse populations.
- Demonstrate accountability and professional development for informed, reflective practice in advanced nursing roles.
- Analyze the organization, policy, and financing of systems and their effect on individuals and populations for optimal outcomes.
- Utilize effective communication, inter- and intra-disciplinary collaborative skills, and information technologies in advanced nursing roles.
- Demonstrate leadership to plan change and promote good outcomes for individuals and populations.
Academic Standing and Progression Policies
Students in this program are accountable for all standards and policies stated in the Graduate Student Handbook.