RN to BSN Degree Completion Program
Take your nursing degree to the next level. As a professional nurse, you are on the front lines, working to keep pace with the changing face of health care. More than ever, the nursing profession needs highly educated practitioners who are skilled in compassionate care and management.
This degree-completion major is designed for busy, working RNs who want to learn in an environment that provides the educational foundation you need to reach your goals. Our program enables you to develop your mastery of nursing practice and leadership roles. Our liberal arts curriculum provides a wide, deep understanding of the complicated contexts in which you work. Your program of study will build upon previous coursework, so that it may be possible to complete your BSN with a minimum of 8.5 course credits (34 semester hours) taken at Elmhurst University.
Offered in accelerated eight-week sessions over four semesters, classes will be conducted in the EU Flex format one evening per week. The EU Flex format allows students the option to either attend class face-to-face, attend class off-site electronically, or, if unable to be present during scheduled class time, review the recorded class and complete class activities during the week.
The EU Flex model provides you with a supportive learning environment at times convenient for the working professional. You will study alongside students with similar goals, develop your capacity for teamwork, and build a professional support network.
Two courses, NRS 413 and NRS 416, require a clinical project. Students will choose the site for their clinical project with the assistance of faculty.
The nursing sequence consists of eight required NRS course units that incorporate didactic and/or clinical practice:
- NRS 320
- NRS 323
- NRS 406
- NRS 413
- NRS 415
- NRS 416
- NRS 420
- NRS 421
Once matriculated at Elmhurst University, students will complete all remaining nursing major requirements, the Elmhurst University Integrated Curriculum requirements, and support courses.
- After successful completion of the first nursing course at Elmhurst, 8.0 course credits (32 semester hours) of transfer credit will be awarded in recognition of the nursing coursework completed in your prelicensure program.
- Students may choose to meet some requirements via credit through the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) or elective credit for non-collegiate instruction.
The total number of credits required for graduation is 32 course credits (128 semester hours).
Academic Partnership Program
The Academic Partnership Program brings the University’s degree-completion for RNs program directly into hospitals throughout metropolitan Chicago. Students complete their entire curriculum at their own place of work.
Cohorts have been held on-site at various hospitals including:
- Advocate Christ Medical Center
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- AMITA Hinsdale Hospital
- Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Edward Hospital
- Elmhurst Memorial Hospital
- Gottlieb Memorial Hospital