For one busy and eventful weekend in March, the weather will be no excuse to hibernate—at least, not for anyone connected to Elmhurst College!
Too much will be going on as the College celebrates its inaugural Winter Weekend from Thursday, March 8, through Saturday, March 10.
Winter Weekend will offer a variety of activities for students and alumni, including the EC on the Rise talent show, where some of the College’s most talented students will compete for bragging rights and cash prizes; the Presidents’ Black & White Ball, an elegant affair hosted by President Troy D. VanAken and the presidents of all of the College’s student organizations; and the chance to watch our students in the Elmhurst St. Patrick’s Day Parade, one of the largest in the state.
The College also will host its 48th Annual President’s Community Breakfast for local civic, business and community leaders, as well as the All Board Summit, when the Elmhurst College Board of Trustees and Elmhurst College Alumni Board will meet to discuss the 2021 Strategic Plan. And it’s the last weekend for the Elmhurst College theatre production Life is a Dream.
Mark your calendars and join us for these Winter Weekend activities:
- EC on the Rise. The gym will be transformed into a state-of-the-art performance arena as 12 of Elmhurst College’s most talented performers, including musicians, dancers and at least one comedian, will compete for a grand prize of $500. Judges include President VanAken and Dr. Annette VanAken, Director of Choirs Susan Moninger, and Vice President for Student Affairs Phil Riordan.
- Thursday, March 8, 7:00 p.m., Faganel Hall
- Presidents’ Black & White Ball. Named for all of Elmhurst College’s presidents, including President VanAken and the presidents of all of the student organizations, this evening promises fancy, dressed-up fun for faculty, staff, students and alumni. A deejay and plenty of delicious treats will keep the celebration going. How to dress? Black and white formal or cocktail attire. No RSVP is necessary – just come and join the fun!
- Friday, March 9, 8:00 p.m., Frick Center, Cafeteria
- City of Elmhurst St Patrick’s Day Parade. Elmhurst College will be well-represented during the 22nd Annual Elmhurst St. Patrick’s Day Parade. A College trolley, students, dancers and cheerleaders will show their Bluejay pride as they join the fun on Spring Road. Come out and see them during this longtime St. Paddy’s Day tradition.
- Saturday, March 10, Step-off at noon. Route begins at the intersection of Wilson Street and Spring Road and proceeds north along Spring Road.
- Life is a Dream. While you’re on campus, don’t forget that Elmhurst College Theatre is presenting its last performances of Pedro Calderón de la Barca’s best-known play, Life is a Dream. Directed by Brian Wakefield, Life is a Dream is a classic Spanish allegory of fate versus free will, reality versus dreams, and a father’s love versus his child’s ambition.
- Thursday – Saturday, March 8 – 10 at 2:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., Mill Theatre. Tickets at email@example.com