Senior art students will explore a number of compelling themes, ranging from photographs that look beneath negative stigmas of women, to “behind-the-scenes” portraits from The Wizard of Oz, during the Elmhurst College Art Department’s 48th Annual Spring Capstone Art Exhibition.
The high point for every graduating art major, the Capstone Exhibition requires students to create a body of work in their area of concentration, then plan the exhibition and design all of the promotional materials for it.
This year’s exhibition features the work of nine art students working in a variety of media, including ceramics, multimedia, oil painting, photography, silk screening and graphic design.
The seniors who will display their artwork include:
- Brittany Cavanaugh, Mt. Prospect, Ill. (Drawing, Painting and Digital Imaging)
- Corinne Jaracz, Plainfield, Ill. (Photography)
- Samantha Korsak, Palos Heights, Ill. (Digital Imaging)
- Shayna Lacey, Elmhurst, Ill. (Drawing and Painting)
- Lina Hammadeh, Westmont, Ill. (Drawing and Painting)
- Dora Martinez, Lake Bluff, Ill. (Ceramics)
- Fabian Vasquez, Lyons, Ill. (Graphic Design)
- Rachael Minnick, Indian River, Mich. (Graphic Design)
- Bryttany Tartt, Tinley Park, Ill. (Graphic Design)
The Elmhurst College Spring Capstone Art Exhibition runs from Saturday, May 7, through Saturday, May 28, in the Founders Lounge of the Frick Center and the Barbara A. Kieft Accelerator ArtSpace. The Frick Center is open daily; the Accelerator ArtSpace is open Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 12:00 to 4:00 p.m. except for May 24 and May 26.
A public reception will be held on May 7 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. in the Founders Lounge of the Frick Center and from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Barbara A. Kieft Accelerator ArtSpace. The exhibition and reception are free and open to the public.