Veterans can learn about career and educational benefits and programs that go beyond typical VA educational benefits (such as the GI Bill) during a free networking dinner presented by the American Legion Auxiliary, in conjunction with Elmhurst College and the Elmhurst Public Library.
This networking event will feature speakers from Chicago-area organizations that offer service opportunities, certifications, college credit for military service and other programs for veterans. There also will be a brief service honoring the victims of 9/11.
Exploring Non-VA Educational Benefits for Veterans will be held on Tuesday, September 12, from 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. in the Elmhurst American Legion Post Banquet Hall, 310 W. Butterfield Rd., Elmhurst.
Happy Hour begins at 5:00 p.m.; the 9/11 remembrance event and dinner begin at 6:00 p.m. For questions, please call (630) 617-5939.
Attendees can bring guests, and alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase. Join us for a fun, informative evening!
Some of the programs to be discussed include:
- Black Diamond Charities’ Project Management Certification preparation for veterans
- Team Rubicon Disaster Response program for service projects and FEMA credit
- CAEL Return to Learn Program (prior learning assessment)
- Roll Call Chicago (comprehensive veteran benefits & opportunities
- Illinois State Certification services
- Illinois Student Veterans Association