Join Mary Lotesto ’20 on an insider’s tour of Elmhurst University’s Niebuhr Hall!
Residence Hall Profile
- Number of Student Residents: 121 first-year students
- Named For: Two alumni: H. Richard Niebuhr, sixth president of the University and Reinhold Niebuhr, theologian and author of the Serenity Prayer.
- Type of Hall: Coed with single-gender floors.
- Type of Rooms: Double rooms with community bathroom facilities.
- Furniture: Twin extra-long bed, desk, desk shelf, chair, bookshelf, dresser, blinds and built-in closets.
- Television/Internet: Each bedroom has one cable television port and one data port for each student. Students pay a bi-yearly $100 residential technology fee.
- Air Conditioning: No
- Lounges: Lounges on each floor have cable TV and vending machines; two floors have kitchenettes.
- Laundry: Laundry facilities are on each floor. There is no charge for laundry.
- Extras: Niebuhr Hall also houses the Chaplain’s Office and the Wellness Center.