Elmhurst University fosters a culture of inquiry and engaged learning led by faculty who are experts in their chosen fields, excellent classroom instructors, and active scholars. Our graduate, undergraduate and certificate programs blend liberal learning and professional preparation to uniquely shape each student’s intellectual experience.
- Regularly review and improve our academic offerings at all levels (graduate, undergraduate and non-traditional), and in all formats (online, hybrid and traditional).
- Increase exposure to diverse perspectives throughout the curriculum, and develop additional interdisciplinary programs.
- Offer variable-length degree programs to meet the changing needs of the students we serve.
- Clarify the mission and expectations for the academic centers, including the Niebuhr Center, the Learning Center, the Weigand Center for Professional Excellence, the Center for Scholarship and Teaching, and the Center for Health Professions Advising.
- Continue to support and expand our programs of distinction, such as our Honors Program.
- Engage with our alumni to substantially increase the number of students who participate in a high-quality, professionally oriented learning experience outside of the classroom.
- Expand opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students who want to participate in an enhanced scholarly learning experience outside of the classroom, such as independent study or faculty/student collaborative research.
- Increase faculty development opportunities in support of the teacher/scholar model, with a particular emphasis on diversity and inclusion, use of technology in the classroom, and pedagogical innovation.