FASST: Support for Your Studies in STEM
All incoming transfer students majoring in an approved STEM major (see list below) are eligible for the STEM Transfer Scholarship, a part of the Financial and Academic Support for STEM Transfers (FASST) Scholarship Program at Elmhurst.
This $5,000 award is renewable one time for a total of two years ($10,000) of funding per student, in addition to all other scholarships and grants that are offered through Elmhurst.
Students who receive the scholarship are expected to take part in the KEYSTONE Program for transfer students (a stipend will be provided during the August course to make up for lost wages).
What we look for:
- Students majoring in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Studies (B.S. degree only), Information Systems, Mathematics or Physics
- 3.0 cumulative transfer GPA at the time of application
- Demonstrated financial need
To be considered:
- Apply for admission and file FAFSA by April 1, 2020, for a Fall 2020 start
To renew your scholarship:
- Maintain a 3.00 Elmhurst GPA and full-time enrollment in an approved STEM major (listed above)
- Please note scholarship may only be renewed one time for a total of two years of award ($10,000 total per student)
- In order to complete a STEM degree in two years, we recommend that students complete a set of introductory courses prior to enrolling at Elmhurst. View school-specific courses by selecting an institution on the Transferring Credit page.
The FASST Scholarship Program is funded by National Science Foundation Grant DUE-1929882.