Academic Partnerships & Affiliations
Elmhurst College maintains partnerships and affiliations with a variety of institutions, giving students additional academic opportunities beyond the campus. Here’s an overview.
Health Care Affiliations
The College has agreements with several educational organizations that allow students to receive special consideration or early admission to various health care programs.
Associated Colleges of the Chicago Area (ACCA)
The ACCA offers special topic courses in botany at the Morton Arboretum and in marine biology at the Shedd Aquarium. Elmhurst students may take one ACCA course to fulfill an upper-level biology elective, and these programs do not entail additional tuition cost. Detailed information is available from the chair of the biology department.
Elmhurst offers several options for students to study engineering in conjunction with other institutions, including IIT, the University of Illinois and the University of Southern California.
Elmhurst maintains an exchange agreement that allows students to take Italian at Dominican University, which is 15 minutes away and easily accessible by train. Registration and billing are processed by Elmhurst College for these classes, and participating students do not incur any additional tuition cost.
Study Away Programs
The College is affiliated with several outstanding study abroad organizations. Elmhurst students register for these courses on campus and can apply financial aid toward the costs of these programs.
- The Alliance for Global Education offers programs in China and India.
- Through the International Student Exchange Program (ISEP), Elmhurst students may enroll directly in universities in 54 different countries.
- The Institute for Study Abroad–Butler offers programs in England, Scotland, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Latin America, Spain, China and India.
- The Centre for Medieval and Renaissance Studies offers courses in Oxford, England.
Queen Mary offers direct-enrollment options in London.
- Globalinks offers programs in Australia, New Zealand, the South Pacific, Europe and Asia.
- IES offers programs in Argentina, Australia, Austria, Chile, China, Ecuador, England, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Morocco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, South Africa and Spain.
- SIT–Study Abroad offers programs in Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America.
- Exchange opportunities are available with Kansai Gaidai University in Japan, Universidad San Francisco de Quito in Ecuador, Comillas Pontificia in Madrid, Madras Christian College in India and Worms University of Applied Sciences in Germany.
- UMAIE (Upper Midwest Association for Intercultural Education) offers approximately 25 study-away courses during January and summer terms.
- The Washington Semester offers internships in Washington, D.C., for students interested in international affairs, public policy, civic engagement, media and advocacy.
- The Chicago Semester requires students to live in the city, experience the richness of the arts, business and social services and do an internship in their field of study.