Hands-On Career Experience
An internship is an excellent way to get a close-up look at a field that interests you.
You’ll gain professional experience, confidence and a competitive edge.
- Elmhurst interns take on in-depth, substantive projects at Fortune 500 companies, nonprofits and government agencies. Students have worked at hundreds of sites, including high profile companies such as Ernst and Young, Argonne National Laboratory, Chicago Fire Soccer Club and Walt Disney World.
- An internship enhances your resume, gives you marketable skills and professional contacts, and can also give you the inside track for a full-time job offer.
- Students integrate career-related experience into their education by participating in supervised work, and even earn course credit. The experience complements and enhances classroom learning while creating links between the University and the world of work.
- Students of any major are eligible to take on an internship. Depending on your discipline, you’ll work with your adviser and with the Weigand Center for Professional Excellence to choose an internship that matches your goals and interests.
- Handshake, our career resource website, where employers post opportunities for internships and full-time jobs. We also offer lots of information and strategies for landing internships. Please review tips on how to avoid employment scams.
Parker Dewey is not a replacement for internships or a substitute for full-time roles. Rather, Parker Dewey complements these efforts with its network of skilled talent who want to help address immediate resource needs while launching their careers.
If you are launching your career, Parker Dewey provides a tremendous opportunity. Not only can you explore different career paths and work on interesting assignments, you can also demonstrate your abilities to potential employers while building your professional portfolio and network. Beyond that, your academic experience will improve as you apply what is taught in the classroom to the real world (and vice versa). Oh, did we forget to mention that you get paid for all of this?
- Work on interesting projects
- Develop relationships with potential employers
- Gain valuable experience
- Explore career options
- Demonstrate your capabilities
- Generate income
For more information, contact Assistant Director of Internships Christina Danno, or stop by the Weigand Center for Professional Excellence in the lower level of the A.C. Buehler Library to set up an appointment.
Meanwhile, browse past internship sites to see some of the organizations that have helped our students on their journey of discovery.
The Benefits of an Early Start