Programs of Study
Elmhurst University offers several majors in chemistry and biochemistry, so you can tailor your education to suit your own professional goals.
- Prepares students for a wide variety of careers and advanced study in numerous fields.
- Begins with a set of core courses, then allows students to choose among different advanced courses to address varying career goals.
- Relies on a strong foundation of science, where students are challenged to hone their analytical and critical-thinking skills.
- Teaches students problem-solving skills, laboratory techniques, and technical writing and presentation skills.
Regardless of the major, students graduating with a degree from the department are well-positioned to enter graduate school, work in an industrial or government research laboratory, teach science at the secondary-school level, or begin further education in a health-related field such as medicine, dentistry or veterinary science.
- Chemistry with American Chemical Society Approval
- Chemistry with Secondary School Teaching Licensure
Chemistry majors who are interested in technical sales, marketing or management may add a minor in business administration.