Early Childhood Education Admission Requirements
Find more information on the Early Childhood Teacher Education program and learn how to apply.
- Download the Early Childhood Teacher Education Application Guide.
- Complete the EYC application for admission.
- In order to utilize the automated fields within the PDF, please save the PDF to your desktop and open the form in Adobe Reader.
- Complete the EYC recommendation form.
- In order to utilize the automated fields within the PDF, please save the PDF to your desktop, open the form in Adobe Reader and complete the personal information portion at the top.
- Finally, print two copies of the form and provide them, along with self-addressed envelopes, to two professional educators.
- Submit evidence of an Illinois State Police criminal background fingerprint check.
- Information is available in the Education Office, at the Regional Office of Education, or for licensed and non-licensed school personnel from the Illinois State Board of Education’s Guidance Document.
- View the Elmhurst University policy.
All courses completed to meet licensure requirements, including general education (Integrated Curriculum) courses, must be completed for a grade of C- (1.7) or higher. All Integrated Curriculum courses must be completed before beginning the EYC major. Education courses completed more than 10 years before admission to the program will not be accepted.
Students who wish to change teacher education programs after they have been admitted must file a request with the director of teacher education admission. Admission is program-specific, and transfer to a different program may not be possible.
For more admission information and applications, contact Mr. William Slodki or Dr. Linda Dauksas.