Special Education Admission Requirements
Find more information on the Special Education program and learn how to apply.
- Download the Special Education Application Guide
- Complete the Special Education application for admission
- In order to utilize the automated fields within the PDF, please save the PDF to your desktop, open the form in Adobe Reader
- Complete the Special Education recommendation form
- In order to utilize the automated fields within the PDF, please save the PDF to your desktop, open the form in Adobe Reader and complete the personal information portion at the top
- Finally, print two copies of the form and provide them, along with self-addressed envelopes, to two professional educators
- Submit evidence of an Illinois State Police criminal background fingerprint check
- Information is available in the Education Office, at the Regional Office of Education, or for licensed and non-licensed school personnel from the Illinois State Board of Education’s Guidance Document
- View the Elmhurst College policy
All courses completed to meet licensure requirements, including general education (ECIC) courses, must be completed for a grade of C- (1.7) or higher. Education courses completed more than 10 years before admission to the program will not be accepted.
Students who wish to change teacher education programs after they have been admitted must file a request with the director of teacher education admission. Admission is program-specific, and a transfer to a different program may not be possible.