Minor in Elementary School Mathematics Education
The minor in elementary school mathematics education requires a minimum of 4.5 course credits in mathematics, including the following:
- MTH 132 Elementary Functions or MTH 151 Calculus I or MTH 152 Calculus II
- MTH 325 Mathematical Concepts for Elementary Teachers I
- MTH 326 Mathematical Concepts for Elementary Teachers II or MTH 331 Foundations in Geometry
- MTH 345 Elementary Statistics or 346 Statistics for Scientists
- Additional mathematics courses to meet the requirement of 4.5 course credits in mathematics
- The minor in elementary school mathematics education is available only to early childhood, elementary, or special education program students.
- This minor does not lead to a state endorsement in mathematics education.
- Interested students should identify themselves to both the Department of Education and the Department of Mathematics and confer periodically with advisors in both departments.
- All courses must be completed with a C- (1.7) or higher.