- The application deadline for the Fall Term is June 1.
Admission Materials Checklist
- An application for admission for graduate study
- Official transcripts from all graduate and undergraduate institutions attended; applicants for the MSN program must hold a bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0
- Successful completion of undergraduate/college-level courses in nursing research and statistics (statistics within the past 10 years or must demonstrate competency)
- Current RN licensure in Illinois: students are expected to be employed as a licensed Registered Professional Nurse in the U.S. International students must be eligible to obtain and maintain valid employment authorization from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) following admission
- Recommendations from three people who can attest to the applicant’s professional and clinical nursing performance
- Goal statement: in one- to two pages, describe your professional goals and how graduate nursing study at Elmhurst College will support achievement of these outcomes
- A current résumé documenting the applicant’s work history, including levels of responsibility, areas of professional growth, and prior professional educational experiences
- Interview with the director of the graduate nursing program or designated graduate program faculty
- College level communication skills including oral, written, and computer based skills
Admission and Application
Ready to advance your career? At Elmhurst College, we try to make the graduate application process as simple—and friendly—as possible.