The application deadline for the Fall Term is June 1.
Admission Materials Checklist
- An application for admission for graduate study.
- Official transcripts from all graduate and undergraduate institutions attended.
- Applicants for the MSN program must hold a bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0.
- Successful completion of undergraduate/university-level courses in research and statistics (statistics within the past 10 years, or you must demonstrate competency).
- Current R.N. licensure in Illinois.
- Students in the MSN program are encouraged to maintain employment as a licensed Registered Professional Nurse in the U.S. International students must be eligible to obtain and maintain valid employment authorization from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) following admission to the program.
- Recommendations from three people who can attest to the applicant’s professional and clinical nursing performance.
- Goal statement: In one or two pages, describe your professional goals and how graduate nursing study at Elmhurst University will support the achievement of these outcomes.
- A current resume documenting the applicant’s work history, including levels of responsibility, areas of professional growth, and prior professional educational experiences.
- An interview with the Graduate Program Director or designated graduate program faculty.
- University-level communication skills, including oral, written, and computer-based skills.
Admission and Application
Ready to advance your career? At Elmhurst University, we try to make the graduate application process as simple—and friendly—as possible.