The application deadline for the Fall Term is June 1.
Admission Materials Checklist
- An application for admission for graduate study
- Official transcripts from all graduate and undergraduate institutions attended; applicants for the MSN program must hold a bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0
- Successful completion of undergraduate/college-level courses in nursing research and statistics (statistics within the past 10 years or must demonstrate competency)
- Current RN licensure in Illinois: students are expected to be employed as a licensed Registered Professional Nurse in the U.S. International students must be eligible to obtain and maintain valid employment authorization from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) following admission
- Recommendations from three people who can attest to the applicant’s professional and clinical nursing performance
- Goal statement: in one to two pages, describe your professional goals and how graduate nursing study at Elmhurst College will support the achievement of these outcomes
- A current résumé documenting the applicant’s work history, including levels of responsibility, areas of professional growth, and prior professional educational experiences
- Interview with the director of the graduate nursing program or designated graduate program faculty
- College-level communication skills including oral, written and computer-based skills
Admission and Application
Ready to advance your career? At Elmhurst College, we try to make the graduate application process as simple—and friendly—as possible.