Major in Public Health
At its core, the study of public health is the search for ways to improve people’s quality of life.
Elmhurst College’s new bachelor of science degree in public health prepares you for careers in health education, health promotion, policy administration and more. Meanwhile, if you want to continue your education in this dynamic field, you’ll also be ready to pursue your master’s in public health.
Learn How to Solve Health Challenges Big and Small
Our program includes research, epidemiology, and concepts of public health and global health. You will learn how to interpret new findings, combat the spread of disease and help people adopt healthy habits.
Most of all, you will learn how to use this knowledge to make meaningful contributions to your community and to society.
Public Health Major Courses
- PH 100 Introduction to Public Health
- PH 200 Human Ecology
- PSY 210 Introduction to Psychological Science
- PH 300 Ecologies of Health and Modern Life
- PH 310 Public Health and Global Citizenship
- PHL 316 Ethical Aspects of Health Care
- PH 320 Historical and Contemporary Public Health Challenges I
- MTH 345 Elementary Statistics
- PH 400 Foundations of Public Health I
- PH 410 Health Equity and Health Disparities
- PH 420 Historical and Contemporary Public Health Challenges II
- PH 420/520 Public Health Policy and Politics
- PH 430 Public Health Capstone Project
- PH 440 Public Health Fieldwork
- PH 450/550 Fundamentals of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- PH 451/551 Community Health Programming
Want to know more about this exciting new major? Request information today.