Major in Public Health
At its core, the study of public health is the search for ways to improve people’s quality of life.
Elmhurst University’s new bachelor of science degree in public health prepares you for careers in health education, health promotion, policy administration and more. Meanwhile, if you want to continue your education in this dynamic field, you’ll also be ready to pursue your master’s in public health.
Learn How to Solve Health Challenges Big and Small
Our program includes research, epidemiology, and concepts of public health and global health. You will learn how to interpret new findings, combat the spread of disease and help people adopt healthy habits.
Most of all, you will learn how to use this knowledge to make meaningful contributions to your community and to society.
Public Health Major Courses
- PH 100 Introduction to Public Health
- PH 200 Public Health and the Study of Disease and Epidemics
- PSY 210 Introduction to Psychological Science
- PH 250 A Systems Thinking Approach to the Social Determinants of Health
- PH 300 Health, the Environment and Modern Life
- PH 310 Public Health and Global Citizenship
- PHL 316 Ethical Aspects of Health Care
- PH 320 Historical and Contemporary Public Health Challenges
- PH 330/530 Epidemiology
- MTH 345 Elementary Statistics
- PH 408/508 Leadership and Innovation in Public Health
- PH 410 Health Equity and Health Disparities
- PH 420/520 Public Health Policy and Politics
- PH 430 Public Health Capstone Project
- PH 440 Public Health Fieldwork
- PH 450/550 Fundamentals of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- PH 451/551 Community Health Programming
Want to know more about this exciting new major? Request information today.