Elmhurst College and Elgin Community College (ECC) have enhanced their transfer partnership, making it even easier for students to begin their college education at ECC before transferring to Elmhurst.
“We are excited about our partnership with Elmhurst College,” Elgin Community College President David Sam said during an agreement signing ceremony on Oct. 9 with representatives from both colleges. “The guaranteed admission and dual enrollment agreements create another avenue and opportunity to help move students to the next level of educational success.”
The best partnerships are formed when they are focused on strengths. This agreement fits within our mission and values at Elmhurst; it focuses on seamless pathways for ECC students to be successful at Elmhurst.Elmhurst College President Troy D. VanAken
Building on the admission agreement that Elmhurst and ECC first established in 2015, the new and enhanced partnership includes these benefits for qualified ECC students:
- Guaranteed admission into Elmhurst to complete their bachelor’s degree (with up to 70 credit hours accepted toward B.A. and B.S. degrees)
- Access to academic advisors at both colleges
- An invitation to apply to the Honors Program at Elmhurst (for students with a 3.5 transferable GPA or higher)
- The ability to take upper-level courses at Elmhurst College not offered at ECC, allowing students to stay on target for graduation while paying ECC tuition rates (when in the Dual Enrollment program)
- Access to many events and activities at Elmhurst
To learn more about transfer programs at Elmhurst College, visit the Transfer and Adult Students website or call (630) 617-3400. To learn more about university transfer at Elgin Community College, visit the university Transfer and Partnerships website.