Programs of Study
The Department of Biology offers several bachelor’s degree programs for students interested in the biological sciences.
- Biology. A B.A. or B.S. in biology opens the door to careers in health care, research, public health, education, pharmaceuticals and much more.
- Medical Laboratory Science Track with Biology Major. The Biology Department has a track for students interested in medical laboratory science.
- Health Science Technology. This major will prepare you for a cutting-edge career in a health-care field such as diagnostic medical sonography, nuclear medical technology or radiation therapy.
- Biology. If you enjoy learning about the natural world but aren’t prepared to commit to a major, consider a minor in biology.
- Certification in Secondary Education. High school science teachers are in great demand. Which this program, you’ll prepare to shape the next generation of scientists.
All biology programs at Elmhurst are based on our core curriculum, which follows National Science Foundation recommendations.