Elementary Teacher Education Admission Requirements
- Download the Elementary Teacher Education Application Guide
- Complete the Elementary Teacher Education application for admission
- In order to utilize the automated fields within the PDF, please save the PDF to your desktop, open the form in Adobe Reader
- Complete the Elementary Teacher Education recommendation form
- In order to utilize the automated fields within the PDF, please save the PDF to your desktop, open the form in Adobe Reader and complete the personal information portion at the top
- Finally, print two copies of the form and provide them, along with self-addressed envelopes, to two professional educators
- For information on the Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP), including study guides, call (800) 239-8107 or (413) 256-2870, or visit the Illinois Licensure Testing System web site
- Submit evidence of an Illinois State Police criminal background fingerprint check
- Information is available in the Education Office, at the Regional Office of Education, or for licensed and non-licensed school personnel from the Illinois State Board of Education’s Guidance Document
- View the Elmhurst College policy
All courses completed to meet licensure requirements, including general education courses, must be completed for a grade of C (2.00) or higher. Education courses completed more than 10 years before admission to the program will not be accepted.
Students who wish to change teacher education programs after they have been admitted must file a request with the director of teacher education admission. Admission is program specific and transfer to a different program may not be possible.