Faculty-Led Study Abroad Opportunities
The Department of World Languages, Literatures and Cultures coordinates a variety of study abroad opportunities during J-Term and over the summer months.
January in Morocco: Exploring North African Identities and Cultures
January (J-Term) 2019
Explore the African, Arab, and European world cultures of Morocco with Elmhurst College faculty! This study abroad course based in Rabat and ending in Paris is open to all Elmhurst College students. We will explore imperial cities, camp in the Sahara desert, learn calligraphy and Moroccan cuisine, and discover Roman ruins.
- Course Cost: $4950
- Fulfills ECIC requirements in Historical Analysis, Intercultural Global Engagement, and Experiential Learning
- Contact: Rebecca Léal, Ph.D. for more details
SPN/KIN 392 Walking the Camino de Santiago: An Intellectual and Physical Journey
Two experienced professors will take you through the famous Camino de Santiago in North-West Spain. Together, we walk the ancient pilgrimage route and discover beautiful scenery and villages.
- $2,900 all-inclusive
- Fulfills the Elmhurst College Integrated Curriculum requirements for historical analysis, experiential learning, and intercultural global engagement
- Contact: Dr. Beatriz Gómez for more details
- Downloadable Flyer
Previous Short-Term Study Abroad Courses
- Living Parisian Arts and Culture
- Spanish Immersion in Argentina J-Term 2018
- Walking the Camino de Santiago: An Intellectual and Physical Journey June 2018