All business majors must complete the core curriculum, giving students a common ground for discussions of economic and business theory and practice regardless of their major.
The core uses liberal learning skills to provide a solid foundation in key business areas, including marketing, management, accounting, finance, policy, economics and mathematics.
- BUS 230 Principles of Marketing
- BUS 250 Management Theory and Practice
- BUS 261 Financial Accounting
- BUS 262 Management Accounting
- BUS 271 Introduction to Global Business
- BUS 340 Business Finance
- BUS 456 Strategic Management in the Global Environment
- ECO 210 Introduction to Microeconomics
- ECO 211 Introduction to Macroeconomics
- MTH 151 Calculus I or MTH 126 Analysis for Social Sciences
- MTH 345 Elementary Statistics
A minimum grade of C or better in the business core as well as in a special field major is required for graduation.