Admission requirements vary depending on student type: Is this your first year, are you transferring, or are you interested in our graduate programs?
Applying for Undergraduate Programs as a First-Year Student
If you have finished secondary school and have not attended university, please submit:
- An application for admission
- A transcript including all years of secondary schooling (if your transcript is not in English, we also require a certified translation)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
Applying for Undergraduate Programs as a Transfer Student
If you have attended university already, also submit:
- A course-by-course evaluation by Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Educational Services (WES) for college or university coursework completed outside of the U.S.
Applying for Graduate Programs
If you have completed university and wish to pursue a graduate degree, please also submit:
- An official course-by-course and credential evaluation by ECE or WES, in English, of all university transcripts, as well as original copies of the transcripts/degrees.
- Apply between September 1 and May 1, or until all spaces are filled
- Collection of Declaration of Finances and Affidavit of Support between March 1 and June 1
- I-20s sent beginning June 1
- Apply between August 1 and November 1, or until all spaces are filled
- Collection of Declaration of Finances and Affidavit of Support by October 15
- I-20s sent beginning November 1
English Proficiency Requirements
Elmhurst College requires international students to meet the following English proficiency requirements:
|ACT||Score of 22 on both the English and Reading subsections|
|SAT||Score of 520 on the Evidence Based Reading and Writing portion|
|TOEFL Computer Based||213|
|TOEFL Paper Based||550|
|IELTS Exam||6.5 Composite|
|Duolingo English Test||60|
- U.S. college English coursework (two semesters): Grade of B or better (ENG 105 and ENG 106 equivalent)
- PTE Academic: 54
- Be a citizen of and attend high school in: Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom
- B2 First or Cambridge First Certificate of English (FCE): Grade of B or better in B2 level
- Cambridge English Advanced: Pass
- Cambridge English Proficiency: Pass
- Attend and complete: An American international school abroad with passing grades in English courses through the third year at the time of application review with an anticipated completion of English courses in the fourth year
- Students who have been admitted to and completed the Elmhurst Collegiate Immersion Program whose video and personal interview determine an adequate level of English proficiency.
- Admission will be considered (but not guaranteed) for students who score below the required English proficiency and request a personal interview, along with the submission of an essay, one sample of graded work, and a written recommendation from the corresponding faculty member.