Admission requirements vary depending on student type. Is this your first year, are you transferring, or are you interested in our graduate programs?
Specific requirements are linked below.
English Proficiency Requirements
Elmhurst College requires international students to meet the following English proficiency requirements:
|ACT||Score of 22 on both the English and Reading subsections|
|SAT||Score of 520 on the Evidence Based Reading and Writing portion|
|TOEFL Computer Based||213|
|TOEFL Paper Based||550|
|IELTS Exam||6.5 Composite|
- U.S. college English coursework (two semesters): Grade of B or better (ENG 105 and ENG 106 equivalent)
- PTE Academic: 54
- Be a citizen of and attend high school in: Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom
- B2 First or Cambridge First Certificate of English (FCE): Grade of B or better in B2 level
- Cambridge English Advanced: Pass
- Cambridge English Proficiency: Pass
- Attend and complete: An American international school abroad with passing grades in English courses through the third year at the time of application review with an anticipated completion of English courses in the fourth year
- Students who have been admitted to and completed the Elmhurst Collegiate Immersion Program whose video and personal interview determine an adequate level of English proficiency.