MBA, DePaul University
Before joining the Elmhurst College faculty, Kelly Cunningham held a variety of marketing and sales positions at Kraft Foods Inc. His expertise is in building marketing plans for corporate and nonprofit organizations.
At Elmhurst, Professor Cunningham has worked with students on marketing projects for real-world organizations including Little Blessings Preschool, Brewpoint Coffee, Global Poverty Club, Pizza for Patriots, City of Elmhurst and the MBA Program at Elmhurst College, to name a few. Professor Cunningham is also part of a team that directs the MBA Program.
- BA (Marketing Concentration), DePaul University
- B.A. in Business Administration (Marketing Concentration), Washington State University
- BUS 456 Strategic Management in the Global Environment
- MBA 503 Marketing Management
- MBA 505 Strategies for creating Competitive Advantage
- SCM 551 Marketing and Supply Chain networks
- MBA 517 Sales techniques and Selling Strategies
- “Reducing Channel Conflict,” Journal of Marketing Development and Competitiveness (JMDC) volume 7(1), 2013
- American Marketing Association
- Delta Mu Delta
I like to stress the theoretical application of the subject matter and then link it to real-world examples. Any time I can use my business experience to help a student learn and prepare for a career, I’m achieving my goal as a professor.
I teach because it’s rewarding to see students learn and to watch them apply my lessons to their personal lives and to their careers. Professors can have a major effect on students, and students can have a major effect on professors, all in a positive way.