Learn to Lead in a Global World
Our graduate programs are tailored to the demands of the marketplace and international students. This is graduate school on your terms, built around your schedule and priorities—available on campus or online in your home country.
Engage in Practical Experiences
Practical work experience, such as an internship or practicum, is an expectation of all students enrolled in graduate studies. The purpose of the internship/practicum is to help the student become familiar with the applications and practices in the field of study. All F-1 students enrolled in graduate programs are eligible for Curricular Practical Training to meet this requirement.
The following programs satisfy the requirements for F-1 VISAs:
These online programs may be completed from a student’s home country. Elmhurst College does not issue I-20’s for these 100% online programs.
*STEM Designated Program
Applying for Graduate Studies
In addition to the regular application for graduate programs, international students must submit proof of the following requirements:
- An official course-by-course evaluation, in English, by a recognized foreign credentials evaluation agency of all university transcripts as well as copies of the transcripts/diplomas
- Proof of English language proficiency
|ACT||Score of 22 on both the English and Reading subsections|
|SAT||Score of 520 on the Evidence Based Reading and Writing portion|
|TOEFL Computer Based||213|
|TOEFL Paper Based||550|
|IELTS Exam||6.5 Composite|
- U.S. college English coursework (two semesters): Grade of B or better (ENG 105 and ENG 106 equivalent)
- PTE Academic: 54
- Be a citizen of and attend high school in: Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom
- B2 First or Cambridge First Certificate of English (FCE): Grade of B or better in B2 level
- Cambridge English Advanced: Pass
- Cambridge English Proficiency: Pass
- Attend and complete: An American international school abroad with passing grades in English courses through the third year at the time of application review with an anticipated completion of English courses in the fourth year
If offered admission to a graduate program, international students must submit a Declaration of Finances form and the tuition prepayment (deposit) before the Form I-20 will be issued.
Support for International Students
Our dedicated International Student Services staff is here to help. We’ll support you every step of the way, from the admission process to getting a visa and finding a job.