If you have questions about financial aid at Elmhurst University, you’ve come to the right place.

Here are answers to some of the questions we hear most often. Still have questions? Contact the Office of Student Financial Services.

If you’re applying for need-based aid, you’ll need to submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) anytime after October 1 for the following academic year. Elmhurst University’s FAFSA code is 001676. If you’re only interested in merit-based scholarships, you’ll be automatically considered based on your admission application.

Yes! Our online Net Price Calculator will estimate how much aid you’ll qualify for. Remember that it’s only an estimate. The official award notice will be based on the information submitted on the FAFSA.

The only way to know whether you qualify for need-based aid is to submit the FAFSA. Every family’s financial situation is different. We can guarantee you one thing, though—if you don’t apply, you will definitely not receive financial aid.

Base your answers on the parent you lived with the most during the last 12 months. If you split your time equally between your parents, answer the questions based on the parent who provided the most financial support during the last 12 months.

If the parent whose information you’re using is remarried, you must provide also provide information about that parent’s spouse as well.

Award notices are sent starting on December 1 for early-action applicants, January 1 for other new students, and February 1 for returning students. Remember, you have to be admitted to Elmhurst University and we have to receive the results of your FAFSA before we can award any aid. Returning students will receive their award notice online on Self Service.

First, make sure you understand the award notice and all the enclosed information. Next, go to Self Service to accept or reject your awards.

Grants, scholarships and loans are applied to your account no more than 10 days before the beginning of the term.

If you accepted subsidized or unsubsidized loans and are a new borrower, your award packet will include directions to complete a Master Promissory Note and entrance counseling online at www.studentloans.gov. Once these steps are completed, your subsidized and unsubsidized loans can be credited to your student account. Master Promissory Notes are good for 10 years.

Federal Work-Study means that you need to find an on-campus job to earn your award. Learn more about student employment here.

Search student job opportunities online and contact the supervisor of the job you are interested in. Job openings for Fall Term are posted after July 1.

No. Typically, about 40 percent of campus jobs are held by students without Work-Study awards. Take a look at the job listings to see which ones are reserved for Work-Study students.

It means that Elmhurst’s Office of Student Financial Services has to verify the information you submitted on the FAFSA and make corrections If necessary—and that you’ll need to submit additional documentation to us.

If you received an additional award notice, that means we’ve received additional information that has affected the financial aid you are eligible to receive. Compare your award letters to understand the differences. The letter with the latest date is correct. Awards on Self Service are updated as soon as any changes to the award are made.

The federal government sets specific rules regarding how much students can borrow in federal student loans. If you still need additional funding, your parents can take out a PLUS loan (if you’re a dependent student), or you can borrow an alternative educational loan through a bank.

Yes! We offer several convenient payment plans for Fall and Spring term tuition. For more information, please see Payment Options or call the Office of Student Financial Services at (630) 617-3015.

Billing statements can be viewed on TouchNet Connect, which can be accessed through Self Service. For more information, call the Office of Student Financial Services at (630) 617-3015. Billing statements are available after the student registers for classes at Elmhurst University.

To maintain your eligibility for financial aid, you need to maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. See Satisfactory Academic Progress for more information.

Submit the Special Circumstances form to explain your financial situation, along with supporting documentation. We will review your financial aid award and contact you with the results.

Financial aid does not transfer from one school to another. If you have left a school and are coming to Elmhurst, you will need to add our school code (001676) to your FAFSA and complete our application process to determine if you are eligible for aid here. If you are currently an Elmhurst student and transferring out, you will need to add your new school’s school code to your FAFSA and then follow that school’s procedures.

If you remain a full-time student, your financial aid won’t change. If you drop below full time during the drop/add period (first five weeks of class), your financial aid will be adjusted accordingly. If you drop to part time after the Office of Student Financial Services no longer adjusts charges, no changes will be made to your financial aid.

That depends on whether you withdraw officially (by providing the proper notice) or simply stop going to class. Check our Policies and FAQs page for more information.

You will continue to qualify for the in-school deferment as long as you’re in college. However, you will need to apply for an in-school deferment.

For Direct Loan deferments, contact your loan servicer for a deferment form. Learn more about how to contact your loan servicer.

Connect with #elmhurstu