Financial Aid Resources for Graduating Students
Congratulations! You graduated. So, now what?
From paying off student loans to planning for the future, there is a lot to consider when it comes to your finances. Use this page as a resource as you map out your post-college journey. Remember, the College is still here for you even after you finish your degree—ready to help you find success.
Paying Back Your Student Loans
Financial Aid and Billing Information
Be sure to pay off any remaining balance with the school before you graduate. Any remaining balance on your account will prevent Elmhurst from releasing your diploma or transcripts. Contact SFS at (630) 617-3015 or at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about your remaining balance.
Federal student loan borrowers must complete exit counseling on studentaid.gov.
- You will receive an e-mail from SFS with further instructions on completing this task.
- You will need your FAFSA username and password to log in to studentaid.gov.
- Exit counseling allows you to update your contact information with your Federal Loan Lender.
- Exit counseling allows you to select a repayment plan for your federal student loans.
- Repayment on your federal student loans begins six months after your graduation.
- If you do not select a repayment plan, a default option will be selected for you.
You will retain access to the myElmhurst Portal for up to a year after your graduation. You can refer back to your financial aid packages or access your 1098-T tax statements through the Portal.
Continuing Your Education
Thinking about pursuing a master’s degree? There’s an exciting benefit you are now eligible for as a new Elmhurst alum: Enroll in a graduate program at Elmhurst and your first course is on us!
The Alumni Free Course Voucher Program will help defray the cost of graduate school. Whether you decide to embark on your graduate journey right after graduation or farther down the road, come back to Elmhurst and we’ll waive the cost of tuition for your first course.
Resources for Alumni
Now that you have graduated, you are part of a nationwide network of Bluejay alumni. Here are four ways to tap into the benefits of that network.
- The Elmhurst College Alumni Association is a group of volunteers who help represent the interests of alumni, sponsor programs and events, and facilitate networking
- Engagement Committee: A subset committee of the Alumni Association Board. They help to plan events and engage with other alumni.
- If interested in getting involved in either of these, please email Ljiljana Milojevic, assistant director of alumni engagement.