Multiple Places to Practice, Perform and Play
Perform Across Campus
There are several performing spaces at Elmhurst University, ranging from:
- Hammerschmidt Memorial Chapel, where our large ensembles perform.
- Buik Recital Hall, where students present recitals and chamber music in an intimate setting.
- Mill Theatre, which provides an exceptional venue for our instrumental and vocal jazz ensembles.
Practice in State-of-the-Art Spaces
Our theory classes are enhanced by listening labs and additional computer technologies. Our practice facilities include piano and chamber music rooms as well as percussion and improvisation studios with recording equipment.
Students in music production courses enjoy the use of our state-of-the-art interactive media lab in Daniels Hall.
Experience the Gretsch Recording Studio
The Gretsch Recording Studio is one of the most sophisticated university-owned studios in the state, and offers:
- Recording and control room spaces with grand piano and isolation booth.
- A digital 24-track hard drive Otari Radar system with automated Status console.
- A sophisticated array of mics and signal processing equipment, including Neumann, AKG, Lexicon and Tascam.