The Philharmonic Orchestra is an ensemble that provides string, woodwind, brass and percussion players the opportunity to perform in an orchestra setting. Standard and contemporary literature from orchestral repertoire is performed. This ensemble performs formal concerts both on and off campus and is open to all students and community members.
- Auditions are held the first Thursday of each term
- Fulfills the major ensemble requirement
- Prerequisite: audition with and consent of instructor Taka Matsunaga
Varsity Strings is for students who wish to gain additional orchestral experience and for students who desire to build proficiency on a secondary instrument. The Varsity Strings perform a concert each term.
- Fulfills major ensemble credit requirement for string majors
- Prerequisite: MUS 255 and/or consent of instructor Susan Blaese